Keyanna Young Portfolio

https://lumiinv.itch.io/jump-start

 This is a short project I worked on for my final project in my game design course, a video game called 'Jump start'. It's a frog related mini game series, and even though there isn't many games, it's still in development! I did the art and most of the programming, if given more resources I guaranteed would've done more.

The process behind it

I never realized how hard it is to try and make a mini game about frogs. The best part was coming up with the ideas and planning and sketching, putting it together? Not so much. However it taught me a lot about having realistic Ideals.

I’ve only managed to make two successful mini games from the six that I originally planned. Bitsy was definitely a learning experience, I’ve learned that games take a long amount of time, and no matter how long you take you may not even be done or completely happy with what you created.

I love frogs and I wish I had more creative means to put my thoughts into fruition. I would probably use a different programming tool next time, and take more time into actually making some of the games.


Live figure drawing 9x12 in. sketchbook, drawn with Charcoal.

Chandra North, a study 1000x1000 px

A movie poster I had to do for my assignment in digital design. I had to correlate this to the animation story board I had to do for that class as well. I really adore the colors I used for this.
448x580 px

This is a piece where I focused more on the background rather than the forefront. I used a bunch of eye catching colors like red and green, and subtler colors like blue so it wouldn't clash. My biggest challenge was over- cluttering and arranging the elements so that they wouldn't be overwhelming.
800x800 px


A character sheet that I've done based on my own original character 1000x1000 px

This is a self portrait that I've done with a mechanical pencil and a 9x12 in. sketchbook. My biggest challenge was positioning and placement. I feel confident in the way I drew the eyes/eyelashes, but I would not mind revisiting this piece in the future. I redrew the same piece twice, the second after receiving advice on what I should fix. I've always struggled with self image so this was difficult for sure.


A bowl of fruit 9x12 sketchbook.

A cone, a vase, and a teapot ((sketchbook 9x12 px))

Oil pastel radio sketchbook 9x12 sketchbook




This piece was done to also see how I could make neutral colors pop. The anatomy is a tad bit off, and i'd like to try this again despite my style for this piece being rather cartoonish. I really like the composition however.



ie. A bottle of ginger ale and tub of sauce slightly top down view. 


ie. Two characters I designed, the colors had to correspond and look well together, so I tried my best. 





This is my experimentation with color grading and the likes. 

https://lumiinv.itch.io/saturn

 This is a project that I'm currently working on, a visual novel called "SATURN", and it's a mystery  romance based game. I've done all of the art on this page, minus the flower graphics. 


Comments

  1. Your art has increased in skill over the years. It is very inspirational to see. I love your use of colors and how they coincide with each other. Your game designs is amazing and I feel you will have a future in game design. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment